[TenTec] S meter and RF gain

Barry LaZar k3ndm at arrl.net
Thu Feb 9 20:06:41 EST 2006

Joe,
	The issue IS what is the true S meter reading when applying changes to
system gain with the RF gain control. S9 is supposed to be 50 microvolts
across the receiver input. By changing gain with no other indication, what
will be the S meter be telling you?
	It appears to me that Tentec is maintaining calibration of the S meter with
RF gain control changes. Therefore, when the S meter moves up with
decreasing gain this will indicate where the receiver begins to hear. This
has meaning. Comments?

73 all,
Barry
K3NDM