[TenTec] Rigs from smoking environments

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at verizon.net
Sat Feb 18 17:34:16 EST 2006

The priority of reasons I don't want a rig that has come from a smoking
environment are as follows:

1. They often have a terrible stench.

2. They often have an unattractive yellow brown color.

3. The effects of the smoke may cause failures, particularly in relay
contacts and potentiometers, sooner than if they had non been exposed to
the smoke.

Those of you who are habitual smokers can probably scratch number one
right off the list, because your sense of smell is ruined. I think most
non-smokers are less concerned about number three than the first two.

DE N6KB