[TenTec] Orion II wannabe

w3ww w3ww at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 20 13:28:14 EST 2006

HI from another Lurker............

Wow!.... that brings back bad memories. After going through a FT1000D,
FT1000MarkV and a FT1000 Field over the course of several years, I thought
to myself: "can all these radios have a receiver that overloads this easily
and is so difficult to extract only a slightly weak signal?" Well, the
answer is YES, as W2NRA points out. It took me a while to figure out what
was happening.

All the filters in the world did not put a stop it. I finally tried the Omni
VI Plus and discovered a new world existed out there on the bands. The world
seemed to expand further with my Orion.

Took me far to long to figure this out.........

73, Don W3WW