[TenTec] V 1.27

Charles Strickland wa4oss at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 20 14:56:39 EST 2006

I have owned a Jupiter 538 since June 2002.  I purchased it with reservations.  I have over forty years of engineering experience in the TV/HDTV/FM broadcast area and wanted to play with the Jupiter for the computer interface and upgrade capabilities.  This is an amazing transceiver and I have enjoyed it, I plan to add an Orion II beside it.

I keep an old Panasonic CF-35 note book cabled to the Jupiter.  I run three different applications for control and have done all upgrades with this hook-up.  However as others have already stated, I had the same upgrade problem with V 1.27, likewise I used and older updater and was successful.

I hope Ten-Tec addresses this for the less computer familiar folks.

Thanks to Ten-Tec for another upgrade and I certainly hope more will follow as long as the hardware is there to support same.