[TenTec] Ladder Line Static Discharge

w8au@sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Fri Jan 20 15:33:29 EST 2006

At 03:21 PM 1/20/06, Randy Russe3ll wrote:
>Does anyone out there using ladder lines, have a good
>system to bleed off electrostatic buildup on these
>transmission lines? I would like to set
>up something that continually drains off electrostatic
>charges.  I've heard everything from spark plugs to
>2.5 MH chokes to ground off the lead wires.   Anyone?

RF chokes to ground are good.  In the electric utility industry
where Carrier Current (LF RF) is superimposed onto HV transmission
lines, (unbalanced to ground) there is an RFC from the line coupling
cap to ground for draining off 60 Hz and anything else that falls below the
range were the RFC becomes Hi-Z.

In electric power terminology, it's called a "Drain Coil."
(A rose by any other name is still a rose....)

So you aren't treading on new ground here....

Perry   w8au