[TenTec] Lousy eHam review

Kurt wa8vbx at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jul 4 12:32:37 EDT 2006

I read the comments and the post on eHam about the Lousy Jupiter review, and
I have to agree with the guy who said take the reviews with a grain of salt.

When I am looking at a new/different radio, I do read the reviews on eHam
and use them as one set of input, I also use the ARRL reviews, and to me the
best is other operator opinions that I know and can talk to in person and
get their opinion and if possible use the radio I am looking at.

I have a Jupiter (bought used from TT), and love it. Yes it takes a little
time to get everything setup to my liking. I also had a Argo V, but just did
not care for it. Not saying the rig was bad(it worked as it was suppose to),
it just did not work for me, I just didn't have a comfortable feeling with
it.

Happy 4th of July to everyone.
73
Kurt