[TenTec] Triton IV filter

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 26 10:56:59 EDT 2006

Barry is right, the stock filter was 2.7; I once owned a Triton II and the
rx/tx audio was excellent for that time.   I received many compliments with
just an ev banana mic into the rig.  I did not know enough then to realize
that the filter was the reason.   In hindsight, this was when most rigs were
much narrower (some 2.1 stock) and of course, xtal filtering was the most
common way of generating ssb out there.   In a way the 2.7 was a bit of an
anomoly and I think in the rigs that followed the Tritons, TT went with 2.4,
maybe because they began to seriously focus on dxers and contesters.

73,

rob / k5uj