[TenTec] Rob Sherwood Comments on IC-7800 & Orion II

Gary Tuck gtuck at mac.com
Sun Jun 4 11:56:48 EDT 2006

Alan, thank you for finding and sharing this.  Have an original Orion
here.  Don't remember noticing the transient issue under v1.37x but
sure have under v2.  With one Orion, tis hard to test the reaction of
each firmware concurrently so have to depend upon memory.  I still
use v2056 because I believe it really improves overall stability, QSK
thumping during receiver recovery on a noisy band, and AGC popping on
the leading edge of strong signals.  But the reaction of the AGC to
the transients is annoying.

Gary W7TEA