[TenTec] 1208 Problem

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Wed Jun 14 11:32:41 EDT 2006

I have a factory built 1208 (20m to 6m transverter). When the transceiver is on and 6m is selected, the input SWR is about 2.7:1 at 14.0 MHz. The SWR drops to 1.4:1 at about 14.6 MHz (tested with my MFJ antenna analyzer). This is using a 50 ohm dummy load for the 6m antenna output.

I spoke with Garry at TenTec. He thought that maybe the input resistor bank was blown, but I checked that with a VOM and it shows about 55 ohms and there is no discoloration on the resistors.

I've not measured power output, but  I do hear a strong signal right where expected in a second 6m receiver when I key the transceiver with a 20m signal.

Any other suggestions?

73,
Mark, N8ME