[TenTec] Argonaut V CAT interfacing

Bob Towers 2m0kdz at beeb.net
Sun Jun 18 09:45:11 EDT 2006

I recently bought a second-hand Argoanut V with TCXO and fan. My main interest is digtal modes and I would like to interface the rig to my PC. The manual is pretty useless and, in contast with the manual for my Omni V, all it says is "buy the cable". The cable is even rarer than the Argonaut V over here!

If anybody could help with cable pinouts and connections, it would be much appreciated. I plan to use it with MixW - as I do with the Omni - and would like full CAT control, including switching the PTT line via software.

Thanks and 73

Bob
2M0KDZ