[TenTec] Ten Tec Omni VI vs FT-100 vs IC-756PROII

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 21 02:07:51 EDT 2006

Would you guys help me evaluate this choice pls.

I have an opportunity to have a either one of the following:

TenTec Jupiter
As I understand it now has firmware for a tighter CW filter.

Ten Tec Omni VI
with option 2
(factory installed option I)
 loaded with filters

FT-1000(NON-D)
loaded with filters

IC-756PROII

I have never owned a TenTec before but have been following some of the reflectors (couldn't find one for the Omni itself).

I understand the OMNIVI has DSP and as of the latest firmware update it has a

I realize the TenTec does not have diversity receive and the FT-1000 does for pile ups and contesting.

However,

I understand the TenTec to be *the rig* for CW ops, but am not sure if it would be worth loosing the true diversity receiver of the
FT-1000.

I like CW Dxing and CW contesting from home as single op assisted status usually.

Don't really care for SSB unless I am helping out in an emergency or on my MARS nets.

I have looked over the eham reviews until I am blue in the face. I need to have some comparison opinions on the two radios from
experienced operators.

  73 fer nw,
Bob AD5VJ(AAR6VM)
http://www.ad5vj.com/