[TenTec] Ham Radio Deluxe and Jupiter

Frankie Hunt k4ten at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 20:44:41 EST 2006

HRD is great.  Give it a try.  I hear that N4PY is
good, it's just too expensive for me.  I have an Orion
on com1, Jupiter on com2, and a couple of Icoms on
com3.  HRD plays well with them all.  If I went with
N4PY this would cost $80+$55+$55=$190 total.  Its real
hard to compare free to $190.  Dont forget free
upgrades vs $90 per year! I use HRD mostly to control
the Jupiter while listening, either ham or SWL. You
can get an add in for HRD that has all the SWL freqs
and times. This is a real nice feature.  When actively
hamming I prefer to spin the knobs.  If N4PY was
around $30 to $40 for the package I might would go
with it, but I just cant see those prices.  Especially
a different program for each radio!  Frankie K4TEN