[TenTec] Which one ?

CATFISHTWO@aol.com CATFISHTWO at aol.com
Wed Mar 1 21:01:40 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/1/2006 5:49:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
W3ETC at comcast.net writes:

To the  esteemed group.... For about the same money you can choose a used Ten
Tec  Orion (original one) or an Icom 756 ProIII.  Any thoughts as to which  to
choose ?

Regards  Ed  W3ETC

=========================

well  ,I had a 756 plain, with a 2kl and an at 500, sold it, I still  have a
746pro with a different IC 2-kl and at500 and never use it. I also have a  ts
2000, a scout, a corsair II  two 857d 's (mobile in each car) and an FT  847
in the pickup.

I use the orion daily, and in contests and on nets and dxing. I turn the
others on now and then to see if they work still.  the orion is that  good..
takes a little getting used to but it is fan tas tic. I use the  Orion ( it and
original orion with tuner) with the alpha 87 a, and love it.. I  wish I had
bought these first.. I need no others  for hf..

just my opinion, your mileage may vary.

tom N6AJR