[TenTec] Just did some testing with ALC

Carl Moreschi n4py at arrl.net
Thu Mar 2 21:42:23 EST 2006

You certianly might be.   You won't know unless you can light the ALC light.
You may have a hardware problem with the ALC circuit.  Most of us are
running our mic gains in the 20 to 30 range.  The pot on the bottom of the
OII is real easy to try out.

Does your ALC light come on in CW mode?  It should.  If it doesn't, you have
a hardware problem and need to send the radio back to TT to get fixed.  If
the ALC light does come on in CW mode, then you need to adjust the mic pot
on the bottom of the radio.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain