[TenTec] Orion 1 Version 2 Hardware Mod

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Mon Mar 6 12:56:30 EST 2006

Just a not to encourage others.

This past Saturday, I completed the version 2 hardware mod to my Orion 1.  It wasn't that bad and took me about 2 hours.

The biggest problem I had was trying to solder the jumper wire to the SMT connections.  I finally realized that the picture in the documentation was magnified and that my 22 ga wire was probably too large. Made a jumper out of some 28 ga wire (one of the conductors inside a computer cable that I had cut for some other purpose). That went much eaiser.

The biggest help was my lighted magnifier.

73,
Mark