[TenTec] Installed 2.055

Bill Ogden wogden at attglobal.net
Tue Mar 7 09:57:24 EST 2006

Installed 2.055 last night. The AM problem that has been frequently mentioned (headphones shut down after keying rig if the secondary receiver is in AM mode) appears.  It must be "standard" in the V2 releases thus far.

Mic gain must be set very low (setting is "6" with my old, old Heathkit Electrovoice 638), but the audio glitches that arrived with 2.054 seem to be gone. Speech processing still very sensitive; setting "2" seems best here. Aux audio imput (from RigExpert) seems more stable than with 2.054 (mine is set on "20").

My SWR indications have always been somewhat erratic; I assume this is probably a timing issue with a busy CPU.

I can understand that going to completely new "base" code in V2 was a major move.  The base seems stable now and perhaps the various processing problems in the audio chain(s) will be fixed in the near future.

Everyone has suggestions: my highest priority suggestion would be to allow CW keying while in SSB/AM modes. (It would make amplifier tuning easier.)

Bill
W2WO