[TenTec] Orion I V2.055 Spurious Response

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 02:40:40 EST 2006

> I reloaded V1.37X and re-ran the test again. No signal like
> that with the V1 firmware.
>
> I can only conclude from the tests that this reoccurring
> "spur" is due to the V2 code.

Merle, that's pretty good news actually.  Means it's fixable.

There's a similar spur in the sub receiver as well, on the II (2.031).
Quite a bit stronger, actually than on the Main receiver, and it behaves
differently.  There's a weak response at the signal frequency + 2.5 Khz, and
a stronger one at +5 Khz.  Both move in the same direction rather than in
the opposite direction as on the main receiver.  Wonder if that's also the
case in 2.055?

Grant/NQ5T