[TenTec] Orion I V2.055 Spurious Response

Barry Gross barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 07:13:45 EST 2006

On 3/9/06, Grant Youngman <nq5t at comcast.net> wrote:

> There's a similar spur in the sub receiver as well, on the II (2.031).

The subreceiver is prone toward spurs and overload - virtually any signal
s9+20 will generate a spur displaced by a few khz.  I regularly hear these
on 160M cw. The subreceiver is also very noisy during a contest.  I don't
think firmware changes will fix it - without a bit of front-end selectivity,
the subreceiver shouldn't be relied on for serious use.

73, Barry N1EU