[TenTec] OMNI VI and EXTERNAL LOGIKEY K3 KEYER QUESTION

ynkedragon at aol.com ynkedragon at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 09:08:34 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Jliving39 at aol.com
Sent: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 06:42:21 EST
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI and EXTERNAL LOGIKEY K3 KEYER QUESTION

     I understand some transmitters do not perfectly  reflect the keying
supplied to them and tend to shorten dots and dashes from the  keyer.  Any idea
what, if any, correction (plus x number of milliseconds)  is appropriate for the
OMNI VI.  I know I probably should be satisfied with  the internal keyer, but
have a K3 and must play with it.
Hi Jim,
I have used a (Logikey) K-1 with both a Corsair II and Argosy and found no correction necessary.  When visiting
another station (i.e. for contest) I have found about 5 ms. of correction necessary for ICOM and Yaesu
gear.  I have no experience with Kenwood or Elecraft and the K-1.
I WOULD NOT USE an internal keyer except in an emergency.  I just don't like the timing compromises
which seem to a part of all of them.
73 de K3YD