[TenTec] Scout?

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Fri Mar 17 21:42:29 EST 2006

Wow, UNCLE! I watched that show religiously when I was a kid! "Open
channel D"!  Actually the Scout makes an excellent spy radio. Though not
shirt pocket size, its small enough for a briefcase or night table (if
you're supposed to be sleeping, you can hide it under the covers).

Military H-189 or H-250 handsets can be adapted to work with the Scout.
For stealth, just wrap a camo bandana (less than $2.00 in any sporting
goods or camping store) woodland or desert pattern, depending on your
surroundings. When portable, my Scout does well with and army surplus 16
foot whip with a ceramic beehive insulator (looks cool on top of the
Explorer, too).

			Bob WB2VUF