[TenTec] [Orion] O2 Tx audio quality

k6kdk at k6kdk.net k6kdk at k6kdk.net
Mon Mar 20 23:39:43 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald Gorski" <R.Gorski at Astronautics.com>
To: "Ron Castro" <ronc at sonic.net>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2006 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Orion] O2 Tx audio quality

>>I heard another O2 user over the weekend who's audio sounded distorted,
>>but since I was just getting ready to leave the house I didn't have a
>>chance to talk to him.  If I run into him again (he's usually around on 75
>>at night) I'll see if I can get an idea about what might be causing his
>>problem, and report it back here.
>
> Please do. I think there are more of us out there. I am starting to think
> that there may be a hardware problem with the audio board.
> 73, Ron
>
>>Ron N6AHA

Ron,   Yes, there are more of you out there.. I just had QSO w/ N9AU running a O2 (worst audio I ever heard!), last night QSO w/ W6FE, with same breakup on peaks, he was also running O2.  This is exactly same audio break up you get if you run an O1 and load Ver 2.055.  But of course if you have O1 you just cure it by going back to Ver 1.371, if you have O2 I don't know what you do about it. Most are handling the frustration by talking themselves into... "must be some sort of RF in the shack".. hihi...

-Dan