[TenTec] 40M Split Operation

Duane A Calvin ac5aa at juno.com
Fri Mar 24 23:46:58 EST 2006

James,
        Recommend you do a Master Reset and a RAM reset.  My Orion 565
works just fine in split mode on 40m LSB.  I just experimented with the
RX (VFO A) set anywhere from 7004 up to 7090 and it worked fine.  TX VFO
(B) was set at 7180.  Listened on a Grundig YB-400.  Sounds fine.  I've
also worked SSB DX contests on 40m where it's always split to the DX, and
it has worked fine then too.  Currently I'm on 2.056 firmware, but works
fine on 1.372 and earlier versions as well.

        Hope this helps.

        73,  Duane