[TenTec] Apartment antenna help

Barry LaZar k3ndm at verizon.net
Mon Mar 27 12:36:00 EST 2006

Al,
     An interesting problem you have. Let suggest that since you have the maintenance guy willing to help try a variant of the sky loop in the antenna handbook. It will be a loop of wire the you rum along the edge of the roof; I assume that the 3rd floor is the top floor. This will make you loop at least 30-40 feet, or better above ground and on the outside of the building. If you use insulated wire, about 14 gauge colored black, it will be hard to see and fairly efficient. The antenna can be held in place by staples which will not effect its operation. The loop can be fed with coax cable to a window where a plastic insert with a connector is mounted; if the run is very short, the coax could be LM-240, RG-8X, or equal. If the run is moderate or longer, use LM-400, 9913, or equal. These will keep the loses down. Make sure you have a RF choke at the connecter coming into the apartment. You can use any of your favorite tuners. This will work pretty well.

73,
Barry
K3NDM