[TenTec] chirp in Omni 6 plus

ve1bn at ns.sympatico.ca ve1bn at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 27 20:52:06 EST 2006

Hi Jamie -

I have an OMNI 6+ that came with a logic chip Model 564 Version 1.03
installed.

I had called Ten-Tec and mentioned that I am a CW op, not a SSB op. I said I
was trying to make sure no clicks, thumps, etc would be transmitted.

Because of my call, and to cure the problem, Ten-Tec sent me a Vers 1.02
chip.
It completely cleared any "unwanteds".  Of course the Vers 1.03 was returned
T-T as a "trade".  You might check to see what you have.

This might or might not be the answer to your mini-chirp and click problem,
but
it worked for me.  On air reports are excellent.

My OMNI 6+ is a late '99 unit with surface mounted components, etc.  Great
improvement over the earlier produced transceivers.

73 -   Don,  VE1BN