[TenTec] Apartment antenna help; Pro 3 and 7000 Tests by Sherwood

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at gulseth.net
Tue Mar 28 08:49:44 EST 2006

First, TNX to all for the suggestions on antenna possibilities for dad. I'll
have to get with him and do some experimenting. BTW he's apparently still
planning to stay active on ham radio: he just renewed his license -- at age
90!

Second, I noted W4ZV's post on the recent additions to Sherwood's test table
with interest as an IC-7000 is apparently slated to be part of the package in
our county's new mobile EOC (note that I was _not_ involved in the equipment
selection process). Is it my limited understanding of the specs cited, or is
the IC-7000 -- well --- unimpressive (to be polite) according to Sherwood's
tests? I'm just wondering how it will stand up in real-world conditions (like
if the club decides to "borrow" it for field day use). Looks like I need to
figure on dragging one of my old PTO based TT rigs out to the site if they
talk me into running the club's "token" CW station again this FD....

--
73, Al

NOTICE to spammers and email address harvesters: you are hereby prohibited
from harvesting, reselling or redistributing this email address in any form,
or sending unsolicited commercial email ("spam") to it. Should you choose to
violate this prohibition, you agree that you will compensate the holder of
this address according to the following schedule: for harvesting this address
(by manual or automatic means), $100,000 per incident; for reselling or
redistributing this address, $10,000 per copy; and $1,000 per unsolicited
message ("spam") sent to this address. You also agree that you will
relinquish any or all business and/or personal assets necessary to satisfy
this obligation and any associated costs of collection and/or legal fees.
Failure to read this notice does not release you from liability in this
matter.