[TenTec] Orion & SDR1000 thoughts

Martin, AA6E martin.ewing at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 12:29:22 EST 2006

Dan,

I said it, and I meant it: it's not a troll.  The two products are
different, as you note, and they are aimed at different kinds of
users/hams for different applications.  I doubt that there are very
many hams who would agonize about which rig to choose!

I suspect the FlexRadio community shows the way forward, even for
traditional products like TT's.  As you point out, the e-mail
discussion seems very collaborative and open about the development
process.  This is not putting TT down; they are miles ahead of most
other vendors in customer support.

73, Martin AA6E

martin.ewing at gmail.com - AA6E at arrl.net
President, Yale University Amateur Radio Club - W1YU
http://blog.aa6e.net