[TenTec] Happy Orion owners (was question about updates)

James Duffer dufferjames at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 08:40:25 EDT 2006

In my daily reading of this list, I have noted quite a bit of contrast in
the opinions of Orion owners regarding their Orion radio.  I can't help but
wonder if the ones who hate their Orion are those type of operators who must
constantly improve, troubleshoot, tinker and eventually improve the radio to
a point where it don't work good anymore.  You know the type of operator I
am talking about.  The one who will report, "when I put this control at "a"
and then put this other control at "b" and I press the PTT switch on my mike
at the same time I press my foot switch while turning knob a and have switch
"d" pressed ,while reversing modes yadayada,  I get this funny howling sound
in my audio.

It is nice to hear some pleased owners.  It is difficult from the posts to
determine if this dog wil hunt or not.

73s, Jim wd4air