[TenTec] Happy Orion owners (was question about updates)

Kc9cdt at aol.com Kc9cdt at aol.com
Wed May 3 21:17:03 EDT 2006

Dennis,
Excuse me, we are not dysfunctional, we are only wanting out radios to be
right.

Yes, we have some reported problems with the firmware in Orion's.
Yes, we have worked together to determine that it is a problem and not only
an operational error.
Yes, we report them to TT (ditsnbits)
Yes, we expect TT to come up with the solution, NOT US, we are not the
manufacturer, TT is and it's there job to fix these issues, not ours.
Yes, in some cases we recommend possible solutions (like put most of the DSP
code back the way is was in 1.XX).
Yes, we paid pretty big money for a high end competition grade contest and
weak sig. DX radio and expect a lot from it.

Yes, we love our Orion's and only want them to be better (and in some cases
to work like before, as some of us had the originals)

Yes, we want to keep them and we don't want something else.

Most of us Orion owners are pretty experienced, pretty darn good folks and
are not a bunch of complaining, whining worker bee's.

What model Orion are you using?
Contesting? Serious DX?

Lee