[TenTec] ten tec microphone

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj at hotmail.com
Sat May 27 14:25:33 EDT 2006

If you want what is sneeringly referred to as the manipulated artificial
sound, the microphone is mostly unimportant--you need a bunch of audio boxes
ahead of the rig instead.

If you want an ergonomically flawed mic, that you have to hunch over your
table to use, or pick up and turn into a hand mic, then have the coiled cord
constantly tugging at you, then get the ten tec 708 desk mic.  Or, you could
go look at radio dispatchers, broadcasters and other people who spend hours
communicating and see how many are using a little one piece mic that you
have to telescope your head and hand to use, and decide if you want a
headset/mic combination, or a mic on the end of an articulated boom with a
footswitch.  For that you could go with the 709, forget the little stand
they sell, get a footswitch and articulated boom and holder from Heil and
you'd be all set.

73 and happy memorial day/tnx 2 all our vets.

rob  / k5uj

<<<I chose the new Ten Tec 709 microphone with my new Orion II and everyone
thinks I sound perfectly like I really sound in real life, without any
special adjustment of the Orion. Microphones just don't get any better than
that.

But, if you want some kind of manipulated, artificial sound (like a
microphone with totally unnatural mega-boom-box base, then perhaps some
other microphone would be appropriate.  I just like me to sound like me, and
the Ten Tec 709A (with 711 base) does that--accurately reproduces the actual
sound going into it.>>>