[TenTec] Heil Mic Wiring to Orion

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 20 07:52:34 EST 2006

I have a new Orion <as the group mostly knows>... When I ordered it last week I discussed the mic situation with Stan and told him I have Heil HM with the adapter cord for a Yaesu MK-V... He simply said, 'that will work'...
So, knowing the reported mic problems on here it was with doubts I plugged it in... Talked with some guys on 75 meters and everyone agreed that it sounds fine...  I have not fired up any of the beasts lurking against the far wall yet, so we will see..  If I do get RFI I will trace out the mic wiring and make it like the Orion manual says..  Until then, no change...

denny / k8do