[TenTec] Heil Mic Wiring to Orion

Richard Williams richardw at mho.com
Mon Nov 20 11:57:08 EST 2006

Denny,

Sounds like the MK-V and the Orion use the same pin outs.   In any case, you
can quickly check your audio by using the "MON" button (second down on left
side next to screen).   Suggest you use a set of headphones so you don't get
in audio feedback.  If you have problems it will sound "crappy" to your own
ears.

I had to go through several re-iterations of wiring before I got it right.
My problems, however,  were related to figuring out a switch box arrangement
where I could switch the Orion II or the Ten-Tec 526 6N2 to either a Heil
Pro Set Plus or a Heil HM-10 boom mic.

Dick K8ZTT