[TenTec] Omni VI info

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 09:48:36 EST 2006

Well, there are mods, and there are mods..
I suspect that most of the ones you are referring to are the Option 3 upgrade done back at the factory to upgrade the base Omni 6 (563) to be closer to a 6+ (564)...  These cannot be done by an owner... At least I have not heard of anyone doing them on their own...
Then there is the roofing filter mod from INRAD that can be done at home... I put the narrow roofing filter for CW in my 564 and am quit pleased with the improved IMD performance...  INRAD also has a roofing filter for SSB, if CW is not your main mode...  This filter is in the $180 bracket but are worth it imo as the already good receiver performance is improved...

My suggestion is to use the radio for 6 months before making decisions... It is a capable performer as is...

cheers  ...  denny / k8do