[TenTec] Shields in Omni VI

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sun Nov 26 21:01:47 EST 2006

Hi Steve,

The photos in the manual for my Omni VI do not show any of the shielding
in place. I was wondering if I was confused and that the cover plates I
remembered are in my Paragon and not in the Omni VI. When I read the
manual for the Omni VI in the section describing how to install the
optional filters, it clearly states that you need to "Remove the panel
covering the PBT board" or "Remove the panel covering the 9 MHz filter
board." So, even without opening up my Omni VI, I think I can say with a
fair degree of certainty, "Yes there should be cover plates over the 9
MHz and 6.3 MHz optional  filter access holes." I will be interested to
hear whether adding shielding plates over those holes makes the birdie
go away.

Ken N6KB

Steve Hunt wrote:
Ken,

I only just spotted your question about shield covers over the optional
filter slots.

There aren't any - just holes! Should there be? I don't recall seeing
any obvious fixing holes for covers or I might have been suspicious.

73,
Steve G3TXQ