[TenTec] #218 filter

Bob Cunnings bob.cunnings at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 14:06:19 EDT 2006

Another way, if you have a PC with a soundcard, is to use a spectrum
analyzer program like Spectrogram  to characterize the filter using
band noise as input.

This is the technique used by K2 builders to set up the adjustable IF
filters. I used this approach to find the centering adjustment for the
218 and 217 filters in my Orion (I used a program called Spectrum Lab,
found at http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/ ).

Bob NW8L