[TenTec] Orion and rf feedback

John K Gotwals john at gotwals.com
Fri Oct 13 15:47:45 EDT 2006

I have moved to a new QTH and am having a problem with rf feedback on SSB
when I connect my Orion I to an amplifier. At my previous location I had a
similar problem but solved it by (1) not using an earth ground, (2) not
strapping the antenna turner, amplifier, and Orion to a shack ground bus
strap, and (3) by inserting a W2DU choke in series with the coax between the
Orion and the L-4B amplifier. This setup was successful in allowing me to
transmit with the amplifier on 80 through 10 meters. At both QTHs the shack
was/is located on the second floor.

Any comments and suggestions would be gratefully received.

John, N9JG