[TenTec] Cleaning Switches

Mike Hyder -N4NT- Mike_N4NT at charter.net
Sat Sep 2 20:57:51 EDT 2006

If it is made like the bandswitch wafers, there is a disc on each side
of the contacts.  The discs have holes about 1/8 or 3/16 inches in
diameter into which one can spray ever so slightly little Cramolin
contact cleaner (use DeoxIT DN5 Power Booster).  After cycling the
switch from stop to stop several times, one waits until the cleaner has
dried.  Finally a very quick spray of Cramolin contact lubricant is put
into the wafers and the switch cycled some more times.  (Sorry I do not
know the current designation of the Cramolin contact lubricant.)

If the shaft is binding where it passes through the mounting bushing,
I'd suggest a small drop of light machine oil.

Does that answer your question?

73, Mike N4NT