[TenTec] AGC Response 2.037j v 2.059d

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Sat Sep 9 13:52:43 EDT 2006

My guess about the faster decay on O2 with 2.037J is that short pulses cause
a fast attack, followed by a fast release.  On very strong SSB signals, this
is most noticeable since the S-meter moves down very quickly then seems to
plateau and continues to decay at what looks like normal decay rate.  This
may have been intentionally programmed in to reduce the effects of static
pulses.  If so, it seems to work, although it needs a little hang-time.

Ron N6AHA