[TenTec] Centurion Amplifier - 110 volt?

alan geller alan_geller2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 11:43:50 EDT 2006

Ed,
  I was in exactly the same situation and had a very nice Centurion sitting in my shack for 5 years. It is not an AMP that will run well on 110V. I looked at several solid state AMP's but I knew I would not be happy with them for the long term and settled on the  reviews and specs of the EMTRON DX-1d this summer. I ended up buying the US distributers DX-1b demo (mixed meter and led display) and I am very pleased with
  the product in every way.
  I can give you more info off net if you want.

  Alan/K6ADG

Ed Cummins <w3etc at comcast.net> wrote:

Hello all:

I am interested in the Ten Tec Centurion amplifier and was wondering if
anyone has run this amp on 110v ? It will be very difficult to get 220v
into the shack.

If not the Centurion I would be interested in recommendations for 1kw amps
that can run on 110v.

Thanks

Ed W3ETC