[TenTec] Centurion Amplifier - 110 volt?

Dave Heil k8mn at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 24 17:27:01 EDT 2006

Dave Edwards wrote:
> I would not even put an SB200 on 110.
> Check out one of those 811 Ameritron amps. They may be just the ticket for
> your requirement!

I'm not sure that I'm following you.  An SB-200 is a 1KW input amp with
a pair of 572-B's.  The Ameritron 811 series comes with either a pair or
three 811A's.  Surely the version with three 811A's puts out as much
soup as an SB-200.  I ran a 30L-1 with four 572B's on a 120v circuit for
a couple of years without problems.

Some folks face the necessity of using a 120v line in order to operate
an amp.  Those in apartments or rental homes may have no other choice.

Dave K8MN