[TenTec] Jupiter Query

William Evans w4ish at hughes.net
Thu Sep 28 16:32:03 EDT 2006

I just acquired a Jupiter on that big auction in the sky, and since
it did not come with a manual, I have called Ten-Tec and ordered
one.  But I have some questions while I am waiting for the manual:
1)  Software version 1.02 b4 is installed in the radio... this is
evidently the first version they came out with (Yes, it has a red
dot, for those who want to know).  I know I can go to RFSquared and
get the latest version, but what about the versions between 1.02 and
1.28?  Where can I get those to play with them?
2)  Since I do not have the TT power supply, would a 20 amp supply be
enough?  And do I need the magnetic circuit breaker?
3)  What else do I need to know to get started, or does anyone have a
bunch of hints as to the best way to operate with it. (I am not the
best on CW, and most of my operation is on SSB, with gobs of SWL
thrown it for fun)

Bill