[TenTec] Argosy 525 Tuning LED

Mike Hyder -N4NT- Mike_N4NT at charter.net
Thu Sep 28 22:00:43 EDT 2006

I'm not sure but would think it operates like the analog dials on the
rest of the Ten-Tecs.  If so, the dial's movement depends on an elastic
"bungee" section of the dial cord.  Over time, that elastic loses its
ability to pull the pointer to the end of the dial.  It is NOT necessary
to re-string the whole dial cord, just replace that bungee section.
When I last did it, Ten-Tec had sent me some little metal clips to use
to join the bungee cord to the plain cord.  Ten-Tec will probably send
you some or the guys here can advise you.  Seems they buy that elastic
cord in the sewing section at Wal-Mart, etc.

You will need to remove the front panel to access that cord.  Take all
knobs off and remove the screws from the corners of the front panel.
A Hint: when replacing the screws in the corners of the front panel, DO
NOT overtighten as the panel is easily cracked by so doing.
Another hint: when replacing the dial skirt, it is most easily done by
making a loop of dental floss to remove tension from the D-spring.

73, Mike N4NT