[TenTec] Electric stove controls

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sun Apr 8 18:50:39 EDT 2007

This is completely off topic, except that it is in a general sense about
the production or RFI or the lack thereof. If you are one of those
people whose blood pressure rises when you see a question that is not
specifically about a Ten-Tec product on this reflector, please delete
this message immediately to avoid any hazard to your health.

I have an electric stove in my home, and have had them in many homes I
have lived in. I have never heard any RF noise that I could attribute to
the heat controls on an electric stove. I have also never experienced a
failure in an electric stove other than at the connections to the
heating elements. If they used electromechanical relays I would expect
to have seen a failure at that point by now. If they use SCRs or other
solid state controls I would have expected to hear some RFI from one by
now. How do they do it?

DE N6KB