[TenTec] Orion l 565 Firmware

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 08:32:48 EDT 2007

1.373b5 is the last version where the NR actually worked like a  squelch.  I
also like the way the AGC and RF gain interact.  I  use it all the time now.

There is a small instability in that every once in a while, the receiver
will go dead (noise but no signals) but a simple on/off cycle fixes it.   Happens
very rarely.

Give it a whirl.  One of the nice things about the Orion is you have  your
choice of several different approaches - you can get a new rig without  spending
any money

Orion software is available at
_http://members.cox.net/wc4r/Orionfirmware.html_ (http://members.cox.net/wc4r/Orionfirmware.html)

k4ia