[TenTec] argosy 525 Question

Donald Kemp nn8b.oh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:31:28 EDT 2007

Joe the diodes are still available. I got some from AA1IP.
His email address is brad.thompson(at)valley.net
He had a good price and good delivery.

I still need to match the diodes and to the mod, been lazy I guess.
I did do the capacitor mod for the noise floor and it is very good.
The Argosy has the quietest receiver in my shack. The other rigs are a
Argonaut V, Corsair II and a Century 21. It's amazing to see the
s-meter on zero and listening to CW signals and be able to copy them
easily. The Corsair and Argonaut on the same antenna and signal are
showing an S-5 noise level. Put a strong signal on the Argosy that
shows an S-9 and the others also show an S-9 signal.

The other Argosy plus is that the noise blanker actually works without
distorting the received signal. Quite unlike the Corsair or Argonaut.

Don, NN8B
SKCC 36C
Morse Traditionalist;
Proud to Preserve the Code