[TenTec] Off Topic, sort of

John Rippey w3uls73 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:34:20 EDT 2007

I'm wondering if others have found the photo of Elecraft's
forthcoming K-3 to reveal an ugly radio? Is the color really some
sort of tepid yellow/brown with what appear to be parts bin front
panel controls?

It seems to me over the years that Ten-Tec has paid a lot of
attention to appearance/ergonomics, and both the OMNI VII and the
Argo V rate very highly in my book. (A TS-870S is not bad, either.)
Part of enjoying ham radio is having a pleasant experience using the
rig, and from the looks of it, you may have to get past the looks of
the K-3 before you can enjoy it.

John, W3ULS