[TenTec] FW: [orion565] Digest Number 853

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Thu Aug 23 18:42:22 EDT 2007

> If a potential purchaser asked me for my opinion I think I
> would have to say
> honestly that in my experience, it's performance (especially
> receive) is
> great  but let down by its reliability

I guess you would have to consider yourself lucky that you didn't have one
of the $12000 radios that had a bad patch of blowing finals, or one of the
prvious generation of $5000 radios that burned up power supplies
periodically and on which (power supply compartment) one could poach an egg
:-)

Stuff breaks.  We need to get over it.

Grant/NQ5T