[TenTec] Orion II DOA

Rick Williams rick.williams at telus.net
Sat Aug 25 13:51:26 EDT 2007

Well my Orion is NOT showing signs of capacitor failure.  However, since it
is one of the original run, it might be worth doing some preventative
maintenance.  So I have decided to "treat" my baby to some updated
capacitors.

For Orion owners in Canada thinking of replacing the Power Distribution
Board capacitors, several electronic suppliers in the far north order from
Newark.

I have ordered, through my local electronic supplier, Newark part number
18C4716.  Like the capacitors mentioned below by Ron, these are low ESR and
105C rated caps (I chose the 35VDC variety).

      http://canada.newark.com

The same part number is on the US site.

Delivery time to our local village (Victoria, BC) is anticipated to be less
than 10 days.  I too don't know if the size may be a limitation (the Newark
ones are slightly smaller in diameter - 10mm vs 13mm) but I'll keep the
reflector informed.

73,

Rick
VE7TK