[TenTec] Orion Repaired and Back to V1.373b5

Rob Santello K6DQ at drumon.com
Thu Dec 13 14:44:54 EST 2007

Dave Heil  wrote:
 > I've adjusted my AGC settings so that I
 > have no distorted, harsh audio.

I don't have many issues with my Orion 1 but I am by no means a power
user and I really like this radio except for the receive audio
quality. I too experience harsh distorted SSB. When I switch over to
my Kenwood TS-2000, it just reminds me of how bad the Orion sounds.
I've tried adjusting everything and just can't get it to sound smooth
and pleasant like the Kenwood. Some have offered suggestions and the
like but none seem to work for me. Has anyone actually been able to
find exactly what settings need to be adjusted so they can hear the
audio actually change from distorted to clean and back? If so, could
you please share those exact settings?

Thanks,
--rob-- K6DQ