[TenTec] Nother' discovery about the Corsair & Titan

Mon Dec 31 22:24:03 EST 2007

I use a 10 dB attenuator between my radio and my transverter.  That assures
that the ALC is in a good efficient range.  Also assures that one won't
damage the transverter with an accidental overdrive.

The 10 dB attenuator is a T configuration.  The input series R is 25 ohms
made of 4 x 100 ohm 2 W carbon resistors in parallel.  The shunt R is 33
ohms made of 3 x 100 ohm 2 W carbon resistors in parallel and the series
output R is a 2 watt 27 ohm resistor.  Close enough to 10 dB attenuation and
50 ohms in and 50 ohms out.

If you need less loss then here values for 6 dB.  Input series R is 17 ohms
made of 4 x 68 ohm 2 W carbon resistors in parallel.  The shunt R is 67 ohms
made of 4 x 270 ohm 2 W carbon resistors in parallel. the series output R is
a 2 watt 18 ohm resistor.  Again, some 6 dB attenuation with about 50 ohms
in and out.

These values will handle 25 to 35 watts of SSB with no problems.  Watch CW
key down or tuning times as the dissipation of the R's may be exceeded.

If you need other values of loss or input or output Z, let me know.  I
figure the values for you.

73
Bob, K4TAX