[TenTec] Heil headset for Orion II

Pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at worldnet.att.net
Sat Feb 3 13:10:22 EST 2007

While you guys are on the subject - is the CW sidetone adequate with the
Heil Proset ? - I have some SONY MDR V6 phones and the cw sidetone is very
marginal. Regular RX audio is fine .

I only get 60 mv open circuit sidetone level with it wide open at 100 -
regular RX audio will go well over 1000 mv easily before clipping. The MDR
V6 are 63 ohms at 1 khz - 106 db/mw spl. I measure Orion II headphone
amplifier source impedance at around 3 ohms +/- 0.5 ohms.

These phones were fine with the Orion 565 both sidetone and regular audio.

 73 de Hank K7HP